W. L. Gore & Associates, a medical device manufacturer based in Flagstaff, Arizona, received CE Mark clearance from the European Union for low-profile components designed for use in its Gore Excluder AAA device.
According to a press release by the company, the Gore Excluder AAA endoprosthesis is designed to treat abdominal aortic aneurysms. The new low-profile 32 millimeter aortic and the 31 millimeter ipsilateral extender were created for use with the Gore Excluder. The new devices give surgeons additional tools to seal aneurysms and create new blood-flow paths.
With the new components, the Excluder AAA will have the lowest profile for treatment of aortic necks. The device will be able to treat aortic necks that have an inner diameter ranging from 27 to 29 millimeters.
The company made no changes to the device itself; however, Gore did develop a new method of constraining the system to a catheter. Gore will introduce lower-profile Excluder endoprosthesis devices in the next few years.
Ryan Takeuchi is an aortic business leader at Gore. In prepared remarks, he said, “Gore is committed to designing innovative devices that allow more patients to benefit from minimally invasive endovascular repair.” He continued, “Lowering Gore’s access profiles expands the selection of product sizes and options available to physicians while maintaining ease-of-use for delivery that allows them to deliver the best possible patient care.”
- Additive Manufacturing 101: How the Future of Product Development and Manufacturing is Changing - Video
- Microfluidics—A Powerful Technology for Diagnostic and Medical Product Development - Video
- Going Beyond Colour Matching . - Video
- Metal Injection Molding(MIM) for Precision metal components manufacturing - Supplier Resource
- Usage Temperatures of Piezoceramic Materials - Supplier Resource
- Breaking the Rules – Design Ideation and Innovation - Supplier Resource