Admedes Schuessler is a global provider of finished nitinol self expandable components to the medical device industry. The comany's diverse portfolio of components includes nitinol stents, percutaneous heart valve frames, filters and occlusion devices. Admedes Schuessler applies the latest micro-machining and finishing techniques for rapid response prototypes, pilot line and full scale manufacturing. The company's team of advanced engineers, scientists, and materials experts, combined with their materials test lab services make Admedes a fully integrated solutions provider for nitinol medical components.
ADMEDES Schuessler GmbH - the Nitinol Stent & Implant Experts
Our diverse portfolio of components includes Nitinol stents, percutaneous heart valve frames, filters and occlusion devices. As the Nitinol technology leader, we apply the latest micro-machining and finishing techniques for rapid response prototypes, pilot line and full scale manufacturing.
Our team of advanced engineers, scientists, and materials experts, combined with our materials test lab services make Admedes a fully integrated solutions provider for your Nitinol medical components.
Admedes invests significant time and resources in the development of new technologies and processes. Capabilities include:
- Nitinol, superelastic alloy (55.8 wt.% Ni)
- Nitinol, martensitic alloy (54.5 wt.% Ni)
- Cobalt Chromium alloys (L605, MP35N, Elgiloy)
- Stainless Steel 316LVM
- Titanium and Titanium alloys
Finding the Optimal Solution for You
We work closely with you to optimize your product design for high yield manufacturability. Variables such as performance, reliability and cost are reviewed to identify and possibly further optimize your component to maximize production efficiencies.
Development Expertise - We combine theoretical knowledge of Nitinol with the best practical experience and know-how available to optimize your part.
Design for Manufacturing - We know exactly what designs are feasible and what can be produced consistently.
Cost Conscious Design - We provide lean solutions to help balance design and cost priorities
Supporting you throughout your Product Lifecycle
To give you optimum flexibility, we operate from three distinct manufacturing divisions;
- Our Rapid Response Center provides fast prototype turnaround
- Our Pilot Line Division provides a smooth ramp-up to manufacture
- Our Volume Production Line produces our ongoing customer product requirements
Working from sketches in close communication with you, we provide quality, innovative prototypes in as little as 3 days.
- Our team is extremely experienced and offers practical advice on key elements of your component, such as tolerances, material specification and manufacturing costs
- Our prototypes are developed with volume manufacturing in mind. We offer practical, quality solutions, which will save you time and money in the long-run
- We stock a large inventory of material and have strong relationships with our material suppliers
- With a precise range of in-house CNC technologies and tooling capability, we can bring the most challenging designs to life in the fastest time possible.
The Pilot Line provides you with a smooth and efficient ramp-up to manufacture. We take your product design and characterize, optimize and validate your parts to achieve maximum yield and quality for volume production.
- The Pilot Line is set up independently to our volume production line to give us the flexibility to deal with smaller manufacturing quantities
- The Pilot Line provides the same high-tech equipment, processes, procedures and standards as our manufacturing lines
More than 300,000 components and several production ramp-ups are managed every year by the Admedes production team. We offer you high quality mass production with room for expansion and further development.
- Our state-of-the-art facilities use the latest developments in equipment, processing, data capture and tracking
- Our controls ensure you the highest levels of consistency and quality
Test Lab Services
Our in-house Test Lab offers you an integrated and value-added service. Services cover all aspects of testing including corrosion testing, radial & crush force testing and physical, mechanical and analytical testing.
A dedicated project engineer will handle the transfer of your product from early Prototype stage, through Pilot Line and on to High Volume Production. All project steps of the device design process will be fully documented to provide full traceability to your company and your appropriate regulatory authority.
- The company is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 - 2000 and DIN EN ISO 13485 - 2003.
- Our Quality Management System covers FDA requirements like the current GMP QSR guidelines (21 CFR Part 820).
- Admedes is also an FDA registered facility.
To assure that our high quality standards are maintained, we have stringent inspection criteria to choose raw material sources and vendors. We execute controls in each manufacturing step, and perform functional testing along with 100% visual inspection of each individual device.
Established in 1996, Admedes currently has a 91,000sq foot facility in Pforzheim Germany, a 18,000sq foot facility in Livermore, California along with further offices on the East Coast of the USA and in Ireland.