Dymax Corporation is an ISO 9001-certified leading manufacturer of solvent-free, UV curing adhesives, fluid dispensers, and UV-curing systems that are optimized to work together to make medical device manufacturing more efficient.
Dymax MD® solvent free UV curing adhesives cure in seconds upon exposure to UV/Visible light to create high-strength bonds to polycarbonate, ABS, PVC, acrylic, and a variety of glass and metal substrates commonly found in disposable medical devices. MD® medical device adhesives are 100% solvent free, have passed biocompatibility testing under USP Class VI and ISO 10993 requirements, and are RoHS compliant.
- Fast assembly of syringes, catheters, respiratory masks, infusion sets, hearing aids, optics, surgical instruments, and diagnostic equipment
- Cures with UV or visible light to bond UV-blocking or practically opaque substrates
- Red and blue fluorescing medical device adhesives for in-line inspection and uninterrupted processing
- Formulations with Dymax patented See-Cure color-change technology for simple in-line visual inspection of adhesive placement and cure
Dymax manufactures a complete line of UV-curing systems that include spot lamps, flood lamps, and conveyor systems perfectly matched to cure Dymax medical device adhesives. UV adhesive-curing equipment is designed for maximum curing efficiency with both longwave and visible light to achieve the ultimate in productivity. LED UV-curing systems offer cooler curing temperatures, lower intensity degradation over time, more consistent cure results, lower energy consumption, and reduced costs.
- UV curing equipment can be integrated into existing manufacturing assembly lines or used as stand-alone, bench-top UV curing systems
- CE-marked UV-curing lamps available for global use
Dymax offers digital and manual syringe dispensers and complete bench-top fluid dispensing equipment for medical device adhesives and other materials used in the manufacture of medical disposable devices. Dymax bench-top dispensers integrate FDA-approved tubing and specially designed dispensing valves to achieve precise, contaminant-free dispensing. Dispenser valves are available in a variety of configurations including stainless steel spool, diaphragm, and disposable fluid path valves. The STEPPER™ repetitive pipette, which utilizes a disposable silicone-free, medical-grade syringe as its fluid reservoir, eliminates fluid contamination during dispensing.
200 Series Catheter Adhesives
The Dymax "CTH" line of solvent free UV curing adhesives for catheters are formulated to meet the unique challenges associated with the intricate design and assembly of catheter materials. Dymax catheter adhesives provide:
- Fast, low stress assembly of lumen, guidewires, balloons, hubs, and tube sets
- Excellent adhesion to Nylon, PEBAX, PEEK, Polyurethane, and Polyethylene
- Patented fluorescing and See-Cure additives available in formulations to facilitate bead placement and post Q.C inspection.
1100 Series Light Curing Adhesives for Needle Assembly
Dymax 1100 Series solvent free UV curing adhesives for needles cure "on demand" upon exposure to UV/Visible light. The combination of high-intensity visible and longwave UV light significantly enhances the adhesives' speed and depth of cure, offering the greatest benefit in needle bonding applications involving opaque hubs and deep wells.
- Visible-light curing permits bonding of UV-blocking and heavily tinted plastics
- Complete cure in as little as one second makes Dymax needle UV curing adhesives suited for high-speed automated assembly
- Fluorescing needle adhesives enhance the performance of automated vision systems, resulting in higher production yields and improved Q.C.
100 Series Light Curing Adhesives for Respiratory Assembly
The Dymax "MSK" line of solvent free UV curing adhesives for anesthesia masks provides assembly solutions for respiratory mask production, as well as other components in a breathing circuit. Dymax anesthesia mask adhesives provide:
- Strong, flexible bonds to dissimilar substrates including polyethylene, styrene, polyurethane, and CAP
- Excellent resistance to thermal cycling
- Cure in seconds for increased output without additional labor or line expansion
- Ability to fluoresce upon exposure to low intensity "black" light for in-line inspection of the bond area
1200 Series Light Curing Adhesives
Dymax UV curing adhesives with patented See-Cure technology have built-in cure validation that makes it easy for operators, or simple automated inspection equipment, to confirm cure without investing in additional specialized equipment. See-Cure technology is an indicator of cure that intentionally transitions the color of UV curing adhesives from blue to clear to provide obvious visual confirmation that the adhesive has received a sufficient dose of energy for complete cure.
Ultra-Red™ Fluorescing Additive for Light Curing Adhesives
Solvent free UV curing adhesives for medical devices, formulated with Ultra-Red™ technology fluoresce bright red under low-intensity "black" light (365 nm). The bright red color contrasts extremely well on plastics that naturally fluoresce blue and assists with visual inspection of the bond-line area.
The company's corporate headquarters are in Torrington, Connecticut, USA, with additional locations in Germany, China, Hong Kong, and Korea.
- Privately held
- 220 employees worldwide
- 30+ patents
- Inc. 5000 list member
- Worldwide network of distributors and sales partners