Forefront Medical Technology focuses exclusively on the medical device industry and thoroughly understands the needs of this market. Forefront has extensive expertise with contract manufacturing, injection molding and extrusion of specialty medical disposable devices.
In addition, Forefront’s technical expertise extends into collaborative product design and development, rapid SLS prototyping, in-house tool making and isolated clean rooms for manufacturing, assembly and packaging. Their capabilities also include sterilization and global logistics to provide one integrated source for the total supply chain. They have the expertise to custom design a new product … or redesign the current one … from a conceptual drawing into a completely manufactured, packaged and sterilized product, ready for global shipment. Forefront Medical employs approximately 400 employees and was established in the year 2000.
Forefront’s technical expertise with medical device contract manufacturing, injection molding and extrusion makes them an ideal technical partner for development and prototyping of new products. Every application is considered confidential, which ensures a robust, long term customer relationship. SLS rapid prototyping equipment is utilized for small, developmental lots required for pre-market testing. Production requirements may vary from small lots during market validation … then scale-up to high volume … requiring automated manufacturing, assembly and packaging. Forefront has the scalable automation expertise to match the customer’s target cost and projected volume with the most cost efficient production process.
Forefront Medical has extensive capabilities with both horizontal and vertical injection molding processes. Materials include liquid silicone rubber (LSR), Medical grade PVC, polyurethane (PU), polypropylene (PP), polycarbonate (PC), polysulfone and other specialty materials. Silicone components are injection molded in separate class 100k clean rooms to avoid cross contamination.
If prototypes are needed prior to production, Forefront has invested in state of the art CAD/CAM/CAE systems, along with SLS (selective laser sintering) rapid prototyping equipment and MJM (multi-jet modeling), to reduce the time to market with new products. In-house tool making supports both rapid prototyping and production with EDM and high speed CNC machining. These capabilities ensure confidentiality, protection of intellectual property and responsive deliveries.
Extensive extrusion capabilities enable Forefront to provide many types of specialty components, as well as finished devices. Components include silicone or PVC extrusions, wound with stainless steel or Nitinol wire, and formed into reinforced tubing for many unique configurations. Other types of finished devices include extruded feeding tube catheters and airways. Forefront’s extensive application expertise assures selection of the appropriate medical grade material best suited to the customer’s requirement.
Other capabilities include blow molding of medical grade PVC and vinyl elastomers (with or without DEHP) to form high performance, cost effective inflatable seals for disposable devices. Automated assembly and packaging for high volume production, along with manual assembly for low volume / high mix applications and kits, provide a one stop shop for global customers. Forefront’s scalable automation, assembly and packaging are done in class 10k clean rooms. In addition, they provide sterilization services and global supply chain options. Their testing laboratory is equipped with a complete array of equipment to provide tensile testing, melt flow, dimensional verification (contact and non-contact) and accelerated aging testing for both reusable and single use devices.
- Injection molded liquid silicone rubber (LSR) components
- Nitinol and stainless steel wire-reinforced (injection molded or extruded) with materials such as liquid silicone rubber, PVC or DEHP free PVC
- Multi-lumen, wire-reinforced endotracheal tubes
- Extruded polyurethane catheter tube assemblies
- Specialty NG and J feeding tube catheters
- Airway management systems
- Respiratory devices
- Ophthalmic kits
- IV and blood collection sets
- Flushing and drainage kits
- Components & devices for specialty applications
- Horizontal molding from 7 to 220 tons, vertical molding from 30 to 75 tons
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) molding from 15 to 40 tons
- Extrusion lines for Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR), PVC and Polyurethane (PU)
- Automated blister packaging
- Custom designed packaging and assembly equipment
- Scalable assembly ... from low volume / high product mix ... to high volume / fully automated processing
- Robotic adhesive dispensing, UV curing and assembly
- Class 10k clean room assembly and packaging
- Class 100k clean rooms for injection molding and extrusion
Quality Management System and Approvals
- Quality Management System (QMS) that complies with GMP and requirements of:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 13485:2003
- FDA CFR 21, Part 820
Singapore - Corporate, Technical and Manufacturing
35 Joo Koon Circle, 6th Floor, Singapore 629110
(65) 63493888 / Fax: (65) 68623833
China - Manufacturing
Xiamen Export Processing Zone
Hai Cang Hai Jing Dong Road No. 28, Xiamen, China
(86) 592-3675888 / Fax: (86) 592-3675910
USA – Technical Sales Office
37 Stonegate, Box 1292, Farmington, CT 06034-1292
(860) 255-7610 / Fax (860) 674-8168
USA: (860) 255-7610 . Singapore: (65) 63493888 . China: (86) 592-3675888