Metal Cutting, an ISO 9001:2008 registered precision metal fabricator has been a global source for the medical device community for over 40 years. Specializing in abrasive & EDM cutting, precision grinding, high finish polishing and lapping, and custom 4-Axis CNC machining, Metal Cutting strives to continually evolve in order to meet the close tolerance and high-precision requirements of the medtech community.
And as the centerpiece of their operation, all 46 of Metal Cutting’s proprietary abrasive and EDM cut-off machines offer unmatched precision and high-speed capability, and can produce exceptional dimensional accuracy:
Cutting Fast Facts
- Diameters from 0.0005” to 3.00” (0.0125 mm to 75.0 mm) can be cut.
- Cut lengths from as uniquely short as 0.008” (0.20 mm) are achievable.
- Cut length tolerances down to 0.001” (0.025 mm) are achievable.
- Any tube ID—no matter how small—can be cut, and tube walls as thin as 0.001” (0.025 mm) can be cut without deformation.
- Exceptionally tight tolerances can be held on long-length cuts (e.g., +/- 0.005”over 6.0 feet (0.125 mm over 2 meters)).
- Coated parts can be cut without damaging surface coating.
- Coated tubes can be cut without damaging OD coating and maintaining ID cleanliness and integrity.
- Proprietary cutting methods excel with every metal type.
- Parallelograms with square or angle ends can be cut within arc seconds.
- Exceptionally small components are efficiently measured with our precision Semi-Micro balance scales.
Metal Cutting has recently expanded their machining capabilities to include 4-axis CNC machining centers, in addition to a number of in-house CNC wire EDM machines and CNC turning centers with live tooling. Their experienced machinists and versatile machines are perfectly equipped to tackle even the most complex precision metal components—all while maintaining the toughest tolerances and assuring parts are clean and burr free:
Machining Fast Facts
- 4-Axis CNC mills are capable of working to diameters as small as 0.010” (0.25 mm).
- CNC lathes with live tooling can work to diameters as small as 0.010” (0.25 mm).
- CNC wire EDM machines can work to diameters as small 0.0005” (0.0125 mm).
- Can achieve tolerances to +/- 0.0002” (0.005 mm).
- Our extensive capability allows us to serve the micro-machining market with a specialty in small batch, fast turn-around jobs.
- Specifications accurately measured by our digital optical gauging microscopy.
Sourcing & Materials for Biomedical Use
Metal Cutting's processes work with virtually any material, whether customer supplied or from their robust inventory of commonly used materials, or their extensive network of sourcing partners.
In addition, Metal Cutting has been the exclusive North American distributor of radiopaque Nippon Tungsten refractory metal products including a variety of tungsten and molybdenum products, including wire (both gold plated and non plated, round and ribbon) and rod for over 30 years. To find out more about the properties and applications for gold plated Tungsten wire as an affordable alternative to palladium and precious metal wires, please download Metal Cutting's newest press release.
Metal Cutting provides a variety of secondary and value-added services that are designed to both compliment their core capabilities and function as stand-alone services. In addition to high finish lapping and polishing, Metal Cutting offers spooled mechanical polishing, sandblasting and passivation, as well as advanced cleanroom metrology and 100% mechanical inspection on high volume orders. Metal Cutting's long history serving the medical device market combined with our commitment to innovation help us to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to meeting the needs of customers.
This manufacturer regularly produces complex metal components for use in cardiac rhythm management, minimally invasive neurology, interventional cardiology & radiology and peripheral vascular surgeries, as well as general medical such as arthroscopy, ophthalmology and dental implants.