Nordson EFD, with sales and service in over 33 countries, is an innovator and world-class manufacturer of precision fluid dispensing equipment for medical device assembly.
Medical device manufacturers rely on EFD’s precision dispensing systems to apply assembly fluids in controlled, repeatable amounts.
Our customers find that consistent application of cyanoacrylates, adhesives, epoxies, silicones, coatings and other fluids helps them build catheters, cannulas, stents, test strips, pacemakers and surgical tools better, faster and more cost-effectively, with greater process control and less worker fatigue.
Since 1963, we have helped thousands of companies achieve
- Higher yields
- Greater process control
- Better product quality and reliability
- Less rework & fewer rejects
- Lower production costs
- Air-powered and positive displacement dispensers for making bench-top assembly processes more consistent.
- Reliable, low-maintenance dispense valve systems that increase yields and reduce downtime on automated production lines.
- 3 and 4 axis XYZ dispensing systems for automated tabletop processes.
- Disposable components (syringe barrels, pistons and needles) that bring exceptional quality and consistency to processes ranging from medical device assembly to flushing catheters with saline to dispensing viscoelastic materials and monomers in ophthalmic applications. All components are precision molded in EFD’s own silicone-free, latex-free US facility. To prevent residual contamination, no mold release agents are used in the manufacturing processes.
- High-quality solder pastes that improve first-pass yields in electronics assembly processes.
New products include:
EFD's new Ultimus™ V high-precision dispenser & Optimeter™ flow control device increase productivity in critical assembly processes. Keeping the amount of fluid applied consistent as it gets thicker or thinner, or as the volume of fluid in the reservoir decreases, can be critical to maintaining productivity and quality. EFD’s Ultimus V and Optimeter resolve these issues and reduce downtime at automated dispensing stations.
For fluids that change viscosity, the new Ultimus V high-precision dispenser provides the ability to store and then automatically adjust dispensing settings to keep the amount of fluid applied constant. And to compensate for changing fluid reservoir levels, the patent-pending Optimeter automatically adjusts air flow to maintain uniform deposit size.
EFD’s New BackPack™ Valve Actuator improves dispense valve speed and accuracy.
Thousands of manufacturers worldwide use Nordson EFD dispense valves on their automated production lines to apply medical assembly fluids in accurate, repeatable amounts. Major applications in the life sciences industry will benefit from the BackPack.
The new Backpack Valve Actuator can help companies produce more products in less time by making it possible to cycle select EFD valves two to three times faster than previously possible. The faster valve actuation also makes it possible to produce the smaller fluid deposits required in the assembly of many of today’s advanced products, such as medical devices and portable electronics. Incorporating advanced miniature solenoid technology, the innovative BackPack mounts the solenoid used to open and close the valve directly on the valve’s air cylinder, rather than on a separate fixture. This makes it possible to achieve valve actuation speeds as short as 5 - 6 milliseconds and cycle rates as high as 800 per minute. In contrast, typical valve actuation speeds and cycle rates are 15 milliseconds and 400 cycles.
Nordson EFD offers a wide selection of XYZ and XYZR robot systems that are fully compatible with EFD ValveMate™ valve controller systems. Consistent, accurate, repeatable and complex dispensing applications can be easily performed with Nordson EFD robots, with working envelopes that range from 200 x 200 x 50mm to 510 x 510 x 100mm. Scara robot systems are also available for larger, heavier products or inline dispensing applications.
Unit 14, Apex Business Centre
LU5 4SB England