Click HERE to request a free sample.
SUPERIOR ELECTRONIC SHIELDING AND REFLECTIVE COATINGS
Plastic-Metals Technologies brings you P-MT MicroShield Solutions for electronic shielding, reflective surface design, light diffusion, and manufacturing challenges.
Our proprietary Th!nFilm Metallization Process is unique for:
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Electromagnetic interference shielding (EMI Shielding)
- Radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD)
- Finishes for light diffusion
- Cosmetic reflective finishes
Applications include medical equipment and devices, electronic test and measurement devices, navigational devices, scanner and data acquisition devices, electronic organizers and notebooks, computer housings, connectors, telecommunications devices, electrical instruments, avionics and aerospace, electronic toys and games, and other plastic electronic enclosures.
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- UL Certified
- RoHS compliant
- ITAR compliant
PROCESS - WHAT TH!NFILM METALLIZATION IS
In basic terms, we apply approximately 10,000 angstroms, or about 1 micron, of metal onto plastic, glass or ceramics to add electronic shielding and/or electrostatic discharge protection. But unlike others, we add a special base film to our proprietary process. You achieve an exceptionally lightweight, UL-approved EMI/RFI shield that meets FCC regulations.
And for decorative applications we can apply as little as 200-300 angstroms, allowing for pure reflectivity or light diffusion. To complete this process we then apply a clear top coat to protect the cosmetic surface.
We work with copper, nickel, aluminum and stainless steel.
WHY TH!NFILM METALLIZATION
Th!nFilm Metallization on plastic enclosures gives you significant advantages:
- Excellent EMI/RFI/ESD shielding performance
- A very cost-effective alternative to other shielding methods
- Superior adhesion — durable coating with no flaking after assembly
- Uniform coverage providing repeatable coating thickness and conductivity
- Selective coatings achieved by precision masking
- Coatings can be applied to most plastic, ceramic, glass or metal substrates
- Thin-film coatings don’t interfere with product assembly
- UL approval available on most plastics
- Environmentally friendly process (no VOCs)
You know how difficult it is to find an effective solution to solve your electromagnetic interference (EMI), radio frequency interference (RFI) and electrostatic discharge (ESD) problems. We’ve found the best and most cost effective solution for most applications is our Th!nFilm Metallization.
Th!nFilm Metallization offers the most cost-effective solution for most applications as compared to other protective coating options.
We understand that applying Th!nFilm Metallization is just one step in your entire manufacturing process. That’s why we have a team in place to offer supportive services that will help you get to market faster. Plastic-Metals Technologies can help you in these other ways:
- Design consulting (included as part of your service)
- Secondary assembly services — inserting hardware, pad printing, precision-inserting EMI filters and gaskets, sonic welding, form-in-place gasketing, heat staking and electrical testing of your product
- Leveraging our long-standing relationships with world-class molders and die casters to your advantage
Click HERE to see answers to a list of frequently asked questions.
Plastic-Metals Technologies began operations in 2002 with the sole focus of delivering P-MT MicroShield Solutions. With years of vacuum metallization experience, the founders of P-MT developed Th!nFilm, which adds a special base layer to the metallization process.
Plastic-Metals Technologies is proud of the excellent customer service we bring to your product design and manufacturing teams. In addition to our extensive experience in the thin-film metallization and coatings field, we offer years of electronics industry product design, operations and manufacturing expertise. We also bring chemical and electronics engineering expertise to your project. You’ll find us a responsive and dedicated partner, and one that can further support your post-metallization needs.